Residential Inclusive Housing in Warren, NJ
Mt. Bethel Village’s Residential Program is designed to provide a homelike environment for men and women ages 21 and over with autism, developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries and those who are in the special needs system, but need to live in an integrated and inclusive community with supports. Residents live in their own one-bedroom apartment or with a compatible partner in a two-bedroom apartment. Each apartment has a private entrance that can be locked, kitchen, separate bedroom and living areas and a private bath, all barrier free. Residents bring their own furnishings and possessions, just like anyone moving into their own apartment. Each resident may choose to have private time or be with new friends in common areas for informal gatherings. Residents will have access to a full schedule of activities occurring all day and into the evening if they choose to participate. Each resident will have a program that includes activities and supports appropriate for his/her needs. All Day Program activities are included for all residents.
Mt. Bethel Village, an inclusive and integrated apartment residence in Warren, NJ, has a communal dining room for all meals for those who choose to have their meals family style, and a family lounge area for special gatherings with friends and family. There is a state-of-the art digital video monitoring system throughout the building (except in the private apartments). Each resident is issued a swipe card to allow him or her to enter or leave the building. There is 24-hour entry/exit monitoring and a concierge at the front desk during the day.
Hallmarks of the Mt. Bethel Village Residential Program:
- Safe, stimulating, structured lifestyle for adults with autism, developmental disabilities or traumatic brain injuries or others in the special needs system who choose to have supported supervision on-site.
- 24-hour supervision with available professionals including a nurse, social worker, program director and behavior specialist.
- Superior support through highly trained and experienced staff.
- Gym, workshop, computer lab, Activities of Daily Living skill development areas, music, dance, sports, gardening and many other activities, delivered through a DDD Self-directed Habilitation on-site program.
Respite/Short Stays Available
- Two week minimum
- All amenities and Day Program activities included
- A great way to try out Mt. Bethel Village