Comfort. Safety. Enjoyment.
- Access to supports that promote a healthy, safe, satisfying and productive life.
- Access to the highest quality services and individualized supports to enhance independence, self-esteem and community integration.
- Active participation in making decisions that affect their lives.
- A social network with people who are meaningful to them.
- Active participation in the community.
- Respect for their contributions to the community
- Freedom from exploitation and obstacles that prevent them from living a life that is more independent.
Mt. Bethel Village advocates for:
- Its residents to receive the respect, compassion and dignity afforded all members of society.
- The right of the resident to exercise self-determination and to make meaningful life choices.
- Individualized, effective and efficiently operated services.
- Recognition of lifespan needs of the individual and the flexibility and responsiveness to meet those challenges.
- A collaboration of the individual, family, service provider and community as the best means to identify goals, barriers and solutions to achieve greater independence.
- Community based recreational and social opportunities as integral and essential components to individual growth and quality of life.
- Integrating the community into Mt. Bethel Village and into the lives of its residents.
- Providing an aesthetically appealing facility, comprehensive supports and individual apartments to its residents.
- Providing an accessible and welcoming home to the residents and members of the community.
- Personal and system-wide improvements to advance and expand the range of specialized supports to meet the needs of all individuals with disabilities.